In general, MSPs failed to become more knowledgeable about HIPAA compliance because many of their clients already were.
It should come as no surprise that MSPs also failed to understand the difference between HIPAA and HITECH. However, instead of closing the knowledge gap, they’ve merely resolved to provide reactive solutions to their clients. This method isn’t exactly the most fail-safe or effective way to go about compliance.
Does your managed IT service company understand what HIPAA compliance really mean? The statistics say that 98% of MSPs don’t fully understand HIPAA. And, the likelihood that your MSP is among the knowledgeable 2% is quite small. Therefore, like the overwhelming majority of MSPs, your MSP likely handles HIPAA compliance as a matter of risk assessment. The truth, however, is that while security and risk assessments are important, there are several different facets of HIPAA that affect compliance.
With regulation enforcement and penalties increasing each year, your business simply can’t afford to take any risks. At One Source Imaging Solutions, we‘ll hold your hand and provide you with the proper guidance to help you achieve compliance. Our complete compliance solution proactively addresses all of the regulatory components of compliance:
- incident management
- business associate management
- remediation plans
- administrative and privacy audits
- policies, procedures & training
- employee attestation & tracking
Regulations regarding proper technology integration with acceptable safeguards are often misconstrued, and MSPs with less than adequate knowledge about HIPAA are certainly not helping. The new laws can be complex and confusing, making it wise to procure knowledgeable help in administering a fail-safe, complete compliance solution.
Don’t let your business assume the risks of liability issues. We’ll address all of the components that have to do with regulatory compliance so that you can have peace of mind, even when the auditors come knocking. Give us a call at (800) 875- or send us an email: 8843ITsolutions@osisit.com.