Many events in history mark disaster situations where data and information has become vulnerable. Situations like 9/11 or Hurricane Sandy are just a few events that not only destroyed valuable data and information, but lives as well. While you may not be able to fully prep for a disaster situation for your own life, you certainly can for the information that keeps your business in tact. Don’t become a victim to surprise scenarios, ensure your valuable information is kept safe.
Troubling statistics show that businesses are not taking security and protection seriously. It’s too easy to let safety slip by, but it’s even easier to put your mind at ease by confronting security measures to ensure business longevity and success.
- 96% of all businesses are not backing up their files
- 30% of small businesses will experience a natural disaster
- 60% of companies that lose their data shut down within six months
It is not only small businesses that fail to recognize security issues, larger companies like Samsung, have also been victims to data loss. Don’t become another unsuspecting victim to data loss and disaster situations. Implement these strategies to keep you ahead of the game:
- Document your disaster recovery plan. This document should list every possible scenario that could destroy your organization. It should also state what tools, services, and/or programs are in place to protect against each scenario.
- Put your plan into execution. After deciphering what tools are needed for possible disaster situations your company is faced with, it is time to act on building a safe business. Install software, inform employees, make upgrades and backups. Don’t fall behind.
- Train your employees. After following the necessary protocol to achieving a protected company, it is time to train your employees. This tip is especially for those companies that follow BYOD and BYOA policies. Too much independence can lead to a failure in execution. Make sure your entire staff follows the same safety precautions as you.
- Keep your plan up to date. Perform regular updates and checks on your current safety strategies. Brainstorm any changes or upgrades that need to be made. Schedule automatic updates on programs and services.
If you run a business, then these are some great basic tips to get you started on safety strategies to prevent against disaster situations. The longer you procrastinate the worse your situation gets. Take action today and ensure the safety and protection of your company.
For more information of safety and protective strategies to implement at your small business, contact our team at One Source Imaging Solutions. You can give us a call at (800) 875- or send us an email at 8843ITsolutions@osisit.com. Our team is passionate about providing businesses with comfort and safety to ensure longevity and success!