IT Support Specialist Career in Baltimore, MD
KYOCERA Intelligence, Inc., a division of Kyocera Document Solutions is focused on enabling the success of small businesses through the effective use and management of
technology. The company is a US industry leader in the provision of IT Services for companies with between 10 and 150 employees.
Our comprehensive services, including network, server and desktop support. They possess a broad-based knowledge and take a vendor neutral approach. Our success with over 2,500 clients in our document solutions division has created a need for outstanding IT talent looking for exciting and lucrative career opportunities.
Our culture is based on a team of professionals always striving to deliver the best solutions and amazing service for our clients. We understand that technology is not only essential to
the operation of our clients’ business, it is key to its growth. As their IT partner, we’ll take a
consultative approach to coincide with their business plan, stay within their technology budget and time line, while demonstrating integrity through a customer centric approach.
The primary focus of the Support Specialist position is to provide technical knowledge and support regarding network operations issues for multiple clients.
The objective of the Support Specialist is to provide superb customer service
reflecting the client-centric and quality focused mission of KYOCERA Intelligence through
the direct provision of remote and on-site support to our clients. The Support
Specialist will interact daily with clients and works with other Client account
stakeholders in understanding client support requests, technical needs and
requirements. The Support Specialist is primarily focused on a mix of end user
support and entry-level system administration functions.
Duties and Essential Role Functions:
- Provide on-site and remote end user and server support with focus on:
- Client satisfaction and retention
- Service delivery quality
- Technical excellence
- Proactive maintenance, documentation, and testing of client network environments through a combination of scheduled onsite and remote work using
- Perform end user support as it relates to desktop, server and Mobile communication technologies
- Perform Basic network diagnostics and repairs
- Participate in technical discussions with clients and client stakeholders that impact the client’s business continuity and growth
- Develop Subject Matter Expertise in focused area(s) as local team, market and Regional needs dictate
- Professionally document all work performed and submit accurate timecards on a daily basis
- Maintain accurate and up to date documentation of client’s network environment and supporting material that ensures consistent quality remote support by
any member of the Service Delivery Team
- Project Deployment – the SS will at times work with assigned project leads and Project managers, working assigned tasks and within defined project scope and milestones
to ensure the successful deployment of IT projects for our clients
- Work with other team members to identify new revenue opportunities, primarily via projects, within their assigned clients
- Respond to communications from team members within timelines established by KYOCERA Intelligence’s communications standards
- Effective Utilization target of 95%
- Timely escalation of issues that prevents the SS from performing the above job functions
- The SS is required to participate in the on call rotation that may include off hours onsite visits
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least one of the following industry certifications is required
- CompTIA Network+
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Desktop
- MCTS for Office 365
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
- Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT)
- Minimum of 2 years experience supporting and installing Windows Desktop operating systems (Windows 7 and above)
- Minimum of 1 years experience performing entry level Server/network administration (Windows Server 2008 and above)
- Advanced knowledge and proven record deploying and supporting Microsoft Office applications (Minimum Office 2007, Office 2010 and above preferred
- Basic understanding of and practical entry level Support experience of Firewall appliances and services (Watchguard, SonicWall, and/or Cisco Meraki models
- Basic understanding of the following protocols and networking services: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Layer 2 and Layer 3 Switching
- Good understanding of and practical deployment experience of Client Mobile messaging devices including Blackberry, iPhone, Android handhelds and Tablets..
- Basic understanding of and practical support experience of Server Mobile messaging technologies including Blackberry Enterprise Server and Active Sync
- Basic understanding of and practical administration experience of Backup processes, software and hardware
- Basic understanding of WLAN, security concepts
- Proven troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Level 2 Escalation – Provide Subject matter expertise to diagnose and remedy end user issues that are escalated by Clients, client stakeholders and/or other members of
the service Delivery team (Primarily from support desk or NOC)
- Ability to communicate with users over the phone and provide remote support using a variety of remote support tools
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter – function autonomously, with minimal supervision
- Strong team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to explain technical issues in clear and understandable language
- Strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated dedication to consistent quality
- Ability to connect networked printers, copiers, and scanners to the network
- Possess valid and clear driver’s license and have access to a good working car and/or other form of reliable transportation as required
- Daily interaction with team members and a variety of clients. The SS works closely with the Primary Engineer and Client Account stakeholders to ensure
consistent quality service Delivery.
- Must be aware of and make best use of proper escalation procedure for technical and non-technical client issues in order to achieve timely quality resolution
and client satisfaction
The majority of work will be performed in office and at client locations which may vary in terms of quality of workspace. Must be able to lift, carry, and reposition all parts of user workstations, servers, network appliances, printers and other information technology equipment as required. Frequent driving or commuting from one client location to another is required
KYOCERA Intelligence OFFERS:
- Competitive salary.
- Outstanding benefits package (including medical, dental, life insurance).
- 401(k) plan with matching company contribution.
- Excellent holiday/vacation plans.
- Ongoing professional development training.
- Visible, exciting work supporting the sales of cutting edge technology and workflow solutions.